Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{5 Minute Cabinet Makeover}

Don't believe me? I promise it's really not that hard. All I did was pick a cabinet, undo the screws and then strategically placed a few things. : )

I've always liked the idea of the open cubies with cute baskets; didn't matter where, the kitchen, office, living room, anywhere. Normally kitchen cabinets are a little too wide for this, but I've got this one weird kitchen cabinet over in the corner that hasn't been used ONCE since the day we've moved in.... wait, that's a lie, I did store stuff in it the day we moved in and it's been there ever since. : )

So here's the picture of the cabinet before...

I don't know about you guys, but we've got a Keurig coffee maker and having thousands of those little K-cups lingering around drives me mad. For Christmas we got a 60 variety pack.... what!? 60!, yes!.... and I don't know what on earth to do with them all. The box just takes up space in my pantry so this new little idea I have is coming quite handy. One cute basket please!

Big box to a cute basket get up... hehe


So I decided instead of having my loose recipe books, cards and print offs scattered around on my countertops or end up getting misplaced somewhere else, my new little cubbies would be peeeeeerfect. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. Just trying to decide if I should paint the inside of the "cabinet". Here's the after picture, let me know if you like it!


Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

To The Moon and Back said...

I think it looks lovely! You could definitely paint the inside, or add a vinyl decal that looks like wallpaper too, just a little touch of the unexpected!

Ashley said...

That's definitely a good idea. I'll have to look around for some that I like.

Marixa said...

Really cute idea! I like the idea of painting it, but what color? Love it, wish I had enough cabinets to do something like this!

Tracey said...

great idea.. always looking for ways to pretty-up my kitchen and make it more user friendly.

Post a Comment